Adah, my firstborn, lost her first tooth!!!! Yep. It was awesome and gross and exciting. All. in. one.
It has been loose for a few weeks now and she has been dying to get that thing out. All of her friends have lost teeth {probably NOT ALL but it seems like it to her}.
She came running down the school path this afternoon and showed me her hanging-by-the-root tooth. Yuck.
For those of you that really know me {and my weak stomach} are wondering how I did. Well, as she stood in the bathroom yanking on it with blood oozing out, I did what any mother would do. I screamed and yelled "is it out, is it out"! When I realized that she was comforting me during the ordeal, I left the bathroom and waited until she yelled "it's out!" I came running in with camera in hand and snapped away. It was fun. My little girl is growing up. She is excited to fit in at school. At least it's only first grade, maybe when she is in high school she will be less interested in fitting in. We shall see.
For now, enjoy my one-less-tooth little lady, she is so independent...


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment