I went a little crazy in the last 24 hours with my posts. I don't usually post that many times but I guess there is a lot going on in our little corner of the world.
Today is 1 year since we were placed on the waitlist for our son in Ethiopia. I think there is a big part of us that thought we wouldn't see 12 months without at least a referral. I'm sure hoped is a better word. But here we are. Waiting. Still. These days have been difficult. I wish I could say they haven't been. I'm human. I try to get excited but it feels like a dream. I feel so far removed.
I got on here to write a little and, as always, God gives me a word just when I need it most.
As I read the Bible Gateway verse on the side I had to let out a chuckle.
It reads:
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9
Wow. We are His chosen people. We get full access to HIS Glorious Inheritance. Adoption. My adoption and your adoption, if you have received Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. I've been called by Him. When Jesus died on the cross for my sins, He paid the price for me. Right now, that is a great reminder. Just what I needed. Why we are waiting on a Little Guy half way around the world.
Since the beginning of this adoption journey, I have made CHOSEN my word. It just seemed fitting for me. A reminder, if you will, that I have been chosen and there is a little boy chosen for our family and my prayer is He will be a chosen people of the Lord as well.

I want to finish this journey strong. I want to persevere until we have him in our arms. I'm losing a little steam. I'm so thankful I don't produce my own steam to get through life. I wouldn't make it. Only Jesus.
As I have been feeling these things lately, a great opportunity has come our way. An adoption conference in Chicago. The main speaker is Russell Moore {author of Adopted For Life}. Derek and I are so excited to go. Thank you Tim and Sue for the invite and for Lance and Jenae who will be holding down the fort with our girls {what a blessing}. I think it will be a boost. A shot in the arm. An energy drink. {That was a lot of word pictures}
Pray it refuels Derek and I for the next phase of waiting. We learn new things that will help us to be more informed about adoption. That we use the time to refresh and grow more excited, like when we first began our walk. Thank you for your prayers.
Little guy's room is finished. It's difficult to walk passed an empty room each day. Our family {even the girls} are painfully aware that someone is missing from this family. God has us here. So here we will stay. He is good. He knows all things. He did not leave me as an orphan and I know he will bring our son home.
John 14:17-19
The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
Today is 1 year since we were placed on the waitlist for our son in Ethiopia. I think there is a big part of us that thought we wouldn't see 12 months without at least a referral. I'm sure hoped is a better word. But here we are. Waiting. Still. These days have been difficult. I wish I could say they haven't been. I'm human. I try to get excited but it feels like a dream. I feel so far removed.
I got on here to write a little and, as always, God gives me a word just when I need it most.
As I read the Bible Gateway verse on the side I had to let out a chuckle.
It reads:
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9
Wow. We are His chosen people. We get full access to HIS Glorious Inheritance. Adoption. My adoption and your adoption, if you have received Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. I've been called by Him. When Jesus died on the cross for my sins, He paid the price for me. Right now, that is a great reminder. Just what I needed. Why we are waiting on a Little Guy half way around the world.
Since the beginning of this adoption journey, I have made CHOSEN my word. It just seemed fitting for me. A reminder, if you will, that I have been chosen and there is a little boy chosen for our family and my prayer is He will be a chosen people of the Lord as well.

I want to finish this journey strong. I want to persevere until we have him in our arms. I'm losing a little steam. I'm so thankful I don't produce my own steam to get through life. I wouldn't make it. Only Jesus.
As I have been feeling these things lately, a great opportunity has come our way. An adoption conference in Chicago. The main speaker is Russell Moore {author of Adopted For Life}. Derek and I are so excited to go. Thank you Tim and Sue for the invite and for Lance and Jenae who will be holding down the fort with our girls {what a blessing}. I think it will be a boost. A shot in the arm. An energy drink. {That was a lot of word pictures}
Pray it refuels Derek and I for the next phase of waiting. We learn new things that will help us to be more informed about adoption. That we use the time to refresh and grow more excited, like when we first began our walk. Thank you for your prayers.
Little guy's room is finished. It's difficult to walk passed an empty room each day. Our family {even the girls} are painfully aware that someone is missing from this family. God has us here. So here we will stay. He is good. He knows all things. He did not leave me as an orphan and I know he will bring our son home.
John 14:17-19
The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
This was our family one year ago!



Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment