Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life's a climb

It's so funny sometimes what we can be inspired by.

The other night I was watching TV and Hannah Montana the movie was on. Cute movie, so I decided to watch. I know, random. Derek was gone for the evening and there wasn't much on the tube. Not to mention, I would really love to learn the line dance from that movie. FUN, right?
Anyway, she sings a song called The Climb. As I was listening, I was inspired by the words. I realized that is where I am. Climbing in life and learning to enjoy that climb. Climbing doesn't always mean bad, it's just life. And a lot of times we don't want to climb the mountain {do the hard "thing"} we want to go around or have it removed because that would be easier or feel better. But I am reminded, yet again, that God makes us promises in the trial or the hard that we are in. James 1:4{but go and read the whole chapter} Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

As I listened to the song further, I was taken to the scripture of pressing toward the goal to win the prize...Heaven.
Philippians 3:12-21
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.



It was such a good reminder, as I am climbing in life, that I need to enjoy the moments and keep my Heavenly prospective, which is my home in Glory someday.
Enjoy the song as it is playing and here are the lyrics to, yes, Hannah Montana! LOL

I can almost see it.
that dream I'm dreaming, but
there's a voice inside of my head, tellin'
you'll never reach it
every step I'm takin'
every move I make
feels lost in no direction,
my faith is shakin'
but I gotta keep tryin'
gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
always gonna be an uphill battle
sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
ain't about how fast I get there
ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
it's a climb

The struggles I'm facing
the changes I'm taking
sometimes they knock me down, but
no I'm not breaking
I may not know where, but
these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most
I've just gotta keep goin', and
I gotta be strong
just keep pushing on, but

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
always gonna be an uphill battle
sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
ain't about how fast I get there
ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
it's a climb

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
always gonna be an uphill battle
sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
ain't about how fast I get there
ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
it's a climb

Keep on movin'
keep climbin'
keep faith baby
It's all about, it's all about
the climb
keep the faith, keep your faith, woah


No comments:

Post a Comment