Thursday, September 1, 2011
Off we go...
Many{many} of you have had a very similar day to our family. First day of school!
It was a great day filled with excitement, firsts and loads of smiles. It began with a huge Daddy pancake breakfast served on our Adah and Layla special plates. We got up in plenty of time so we could enjoy each other and our yummy breakfast. We had a few little presents for the girls just to keep them excited about their big day. The special gift they opened this morning was a bracelet. You've all seen those best friend bracelets that come 2 in a pack and one friend gets the best and the other gets the friend. Well, I found one with Big Sister and Little Sister. So cute. As they were opening it up and putting them on, I told them that this would be a reminder to pray for their sister throughout the day because they would be a part so much. They loved it!!! I desire them to be so close as sisters and friends. So far, so good.
After breakfast, we got ourselves ready to go and out the door we went. As you can see from all the pictures, they were in full smile and excited to see their friends at school! We walked Adah up to Stettin and then Derek and I drove Layla to her school for afternoon Pre School{after enjoying lunch at Daddy's work}.
Quotes for the morning:
Adah- "I'm so excited to see my friends and make new ones"
Layla- "Mom, did you see that playground at my school? I cannot wait to play on that. It's going to be so cool!"
Enjoy the pictures. You could not wipe those smiles off my girls faces if you wanted to!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment