We are all about traditions around here. I love the planning and then looking forward to that same "thing" every year! I have been this way since I was a little girl and now I get to carry out traditions in my own family.
Before the school year begins {so far, this is the 3rd year} we plan for Derek to take the girls out on a special school date. This is where Derek gets to take them to a restaurant of their choice and they talk and pray about the upcoming school year. Needless to say, they. love. it. This is Layla's first "official" school date because it is her first year of school {Pre-school, that is}. She got to go first, which was a huge struggle for our want-it-now first born. Thankfully, she quickly recovered and I was actually able to teach her to tell time!
Layla's dinner choice was Olive Garden and she was super excited about selecting the perfect Daddy date dress. Her face was beaming when she returned and very ready to share with sister the silly bands that Daddy gifted her! Good job, Layla!
These moments are the best! It is precious to see a Daddy loving on his daughter. I thank Jesus for the father that Derek is to our girls! I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
Before the school year begins {so far, this is the 3rd year} we plan for Derek to take the girls out on a special school date. This is where Derek gets to take them to a restaurant of their choice and they talk and pray about the upcoming school year. Needless to say, they. love. it. This is Layla's first "official" school date because it is her first year of school {Pre-school, that is}. She got to go first, which was a huge struggle for our want-it-now first born. Thankfully, she quickly recovered and I was actually able to teach her to tell time!
Layla's dinner choice was Olive Garden and she was super excited about selecting the perfect Daddy date dress. Her face was beaming when she returned and very ready to share with sister the silly bands that Daddy gifted her! Good job, Layla!
These moments are the best! It is precious to see a Daddy loving on his daughter. I thank Jesus for the father that Derek is to our girls! I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
Adah's date, Part 2, is coming this weekend!



Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment