We became family #1 on August 19. Almost a month has passed since we got that call. Hard to believe. Some would say "wow, that's gone really fast". We would not say that. I have shared lately that this has been the hardest place to be thus far. It feels unsettling to know your phone could ring any day at any minute. That's a wonderful feeling and completely nerve racking all at the same time! We do feel blessed to be so close. My desire is to rest in the place that we are right now. That's hard some days. We are busy people. We keep ourselves busy. It passes the time. But I know in my spirit that God is asking me to sit still. Stop. Rest. I want to obey. Does anyone relate? True peace. Peace when your trust is without borders.
In addition to the wonderfully, awful #1 position, we were recently working on some more paperwork. Yuck. Anyway, in the last post, off went another labor of love paper package. As quickly as it went out it was returned back to us..... with an immigration rejection letter! What??? It was a hard, emotional day. More steps to take to get to the bottom of this mystery rejection letter. 5 days we went without the answer. No big deal, right? It was difficult to wait and trust that it would get worked out but God used another 5 days to grow my faith.
So many lessons that God has taught us in the wait. That's why I type them here. I look forward to looking back (sharing it all with our son) and seeing God's Sovereign hand print on every step of the way. We already have in so many ways. Big things that He chose to spare us in the midst of the wait ( I wish I could share them here but those will be saved for our son's personal story).
Christ loves us so!
I love music. I feel emotions when I listen to music and can also be ministered to by it. Recently, a dear friend of mine made me a mix of songs. I love it. There is a song that I had never heard before. It's how I am feeling as the days have turned into months and turned into years of waiting.
God has called us to adopt. He has called us into a world of unknown. There is no end date that we can see. Some days it feels endless. But we are called. So when oceans rise I will remember that your grace abounds in deepest waters. My prayer is that we can continue to trust Christ when there are no borders. He has taken us deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior.
"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now
So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine
Monday, September 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment