Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cruising through Summer

We welcomed Summer with shouts and it has gone by so fast!  It's been super busy but so much fun. 
We are thankful for the fun we have had and especially all the family and friends we have shared memories with!


We took in quite a few Woodchuck's baseball games this year and enjoyed them all!



Abby and Adah worked really hard this summer at raising financial
support for the tornado victims in Oklahoma. 
They were very successful! 

 
The girls and I enjoyed a visit to the local art museum. 
What a little gem we have in our city! 



We moved right into a week at Camp Forest Springs for Adventure Day Camp.  Thanks to Megan and her parents, we were able to go and stay each night right down the road.  What a blessing!!!!
The girls just love camp!



On the schedule next was a family wedding in Ohio.  The girls and I got home from camp on Thursday evening and we left with Derek on Friday morning at 4 AM.  Yikes! 
What were we thinking???
We stayed with our family for 9 days and had a ton of fun.  I love when the girls get to spend time with all their cousins.  It's not as often as we would like but we make the most of the time spent.
As tradition carries on, Derek and I left the girls with our parents in Ohio for two weeks!  It really is a long time to be away from them but it's a win, win, win.  Derek and I have time alone, the grandparents get their grand kids all to themselves and the girls get priceless time with their grandparents!!!


Takin' a cruise in PapPap's sweet car!



The wedding we attended was gorgeous.  It was held at the Columbus Art Museum. 
I love art so it was enjoyable to see the art and be with my family!

 
 Dinner out with Grandma and PapPap and Uncle Dan and Aunt Sandra!



Weeks before we headed into visit, my brother and I put our heads together to try to surprise our parents with a party.  They both retired from teaching this year so we began planning.  I still can't believe we pulled it off!!!  It was a ton of fun and 60 of our closest family and friends came out to celebrate!  It was tricky to keep it a surprise.  At one point my parents were helping set up for what they thought was a picnic for my sister-in-law's work.  Hilarious!!!

Here's me and my big bro.
 
Yes, my mom is crying! 



This was precious to be able to get a picture of all of us! 
4 generations!!!
 
 



When Derek and I got back we made the most of our time with each other and friends. 
Shopping and lunches out,  Ribfest (3year tradition), dinners out, visits with dear friends and Concert on the Square.  So fun. 
*See anniversary post for more of how we spent our time.:)
 


Our new addition......
and we are so thankful and loving the sweet music we hear coming from it!!!
We surprised the girls with a piano.



After two weeks, my parents drove the girls back to us!  We couldn't wait to see them.  They had a ball, which we knew they would.  My folks spent another 2 weeks with us here.  A total of 5 weeks of them being with our kids!  Surprised they are still living and still love us!!! Wink. Wink.
On their last night here, we went to a farm that makes pizzas in a stone fire place outdoors.  It was very cool.  We loved the experience.
 
Posted by Picasa
We are so thankful for our families.  We cherished the Summer we had with you all.  We wish it could be more, but I love how we always make the most of what we get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment