Tuesday, September 4, 2012

That time again: First day of school!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa{scream}!
I have two in school now!
I can't believe I just walked my two babies to school today!

We had a great morning of traditions.  Special day plates, big breakfast, school day memory books, prayer, scriptures, gifts and yes, pictures!
Their gifts were flower lights for their room.  It was to remind them to let their light shine for Jesus at school!  They loved them and can't wait to hang them up.

Last night I was tucking Adah into bed and I told her that I wanted to read something from God's word every morning together and asked her if she preferred Proverbs or Philippians.  Her response melted my heart.  She said, "well Mom, I actually want to read the Psalms together"!  I, of course, said YOU BET!!!  I loved that she had an idea about what to read!



On our way out.



We ran into the V crew on the way up to school and got a big surprise when, I'm not kidding, our 4 girls were dressed alike!!!  It was not planned!  Karen and I decided that great minds think alike and we have good taste!  Super funny!!!!!  Super cute!!!!!!


Derek and I did very well this morning.  No tears.  I do feel like I have walked around the house in circles a few times trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. 
One thing that stood out from the morning was a mom singing the Hallelujah chorus as the kids were lining up at the door to go in to the school.  She was totally thrilled that her kids were g.o.n.e. for the day!  That didn't sit well with me.  I've been praying and thinking all morning about my little girls being away all day!  Ugh. 
I've said it so many times lately, but we had a blast this summer!!!!  I loved spending the time with my girls!  I feel God blessed Derek and I with contentment and the ability to just enjoy the stage we are in even though we wait expectantly for our third child.  It has been me and the girls for so many things.  We are a great trio!  They have grown in so many ways this summer.  I grew in many ways too.  We went through some heavy discipline and there were challenging times but I love doing life with my family! 
Our prayer for our girls is that will love Jesus first.  They will be kind and compassionate to all.  Choose the right friends.  Ask us any and all questions they have.
It's going to be a great year. 
I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment