We planned one last camping trip before the school year began. We headed to Crystal Lake with the Mathsons and McEvoys over Labor Day weekend. We loved it there!
We enjoyed lots of beach time, tons of yummy food, church around the campfire {thanks, Bryce, for bringing your guitar and playing for us!}talking, laughing, exploring, a bike trip to get ice cream and a biking adventure of a lifetime. :)
The weather was outstanding and the company was just right!
I have to share about this biking adventure! We set out for a paved bike trail ride that ended with an amazing story of hard work and adventure!
All Layla wanted to do was ride her bike through the woods. So we headed out Monday morning for a bike ride. Curiosity quickly took us off the paved path and pointed us straight in the woods on a dirt path. As we were plowing through the woods we came upon an old logging trail {I can't really call it a trail, actually it was matted down woods}. After a while we realized that we were fully committed and really didn't know where we were at all! Hours and about 18 miles later, we made it back to our campsite. Derek and I are in awe that our 7 and 5 year old daughters made it! It was looking pretty bleak for a while but they rallied and biked the whole way! I can't even begin to describe the terrain that we biked. One thing I can say is that I wrecked my bike for the first time in my life! Yep! Me! Down some of the worst paths we road on, I was right behind Sue and thought she was going to wreck. So, stupidly, hit my breaks and flew over my handle bars right onto the ground! Thankfully the only injury I sustained was that the bike flipped up and hit me in the back so I am now sporting a baseball size bruise on my lower back! Yikes!!!!
We have found that between us and the Mathson's we are always getting ourselves into some pretty crazy, fun, memorable adventures!!!!!
As you can see, Layla was sacked out on the car ride home!
We enjoyed lots of beach time, tons of yummy food, church around the campfire {thanks, Bryce, for bringing your guitar and playing for us!}talking, laughing, exploring, a bike trip to get ice cream and a biking adventure of a lifetime. :)
The weather was outstanding and the company was just right!

I have to share about this biking adventure! We set out for a paved bike trail ride that ended with an amazing story of hard work and adventure!
All Layla wanted to do was ride her bike through the woods. So we headed out Monday morning for a bike ride. Curiosity quickly took us off the paved path and pointed us straight in the woods on a dirt path. As we were plowing through the woods we came upon an old logging trail {I can't really call it a trail, actually it was matted down woods}. After a while we realized that we were fully committed and really didn't know where we were at all! Hours and about 18 miles later, we made it back to our campsite. Derek and I are in awe that our 7 and 5 year old daughters made it! It was looking pretty bleak for a while but they rallied and biked the whole way! I can't even begin to describe the terrain that we biked. One thing I can say is that I wrecked my bike for the first time in my life! Yep! Me! Down some of the worst paths we road on, I was right behind Sue and thought she was going to wreck. So, stupidly, hit my breaks and flew over my handle bars right onto the ground! Thankfully the only injury I sustained was that the bike flipped up and hit me in the back so I am now sporting a baseball size bruise on my lower back! Yikes!!!!
We have found that between us and the Mathson's we are always getting ourselves into some pretty crazy, fun, memorable adventures!!!!!
As you can see, Layla was sacked out on the car ride home!




Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment