Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Special time

Dates with Daddy to start the school year has become a favorite around here!  The girls get all dressed up and want to do their hair and nails.  It's a special time for Derek to talk one on one with each of them about school and expectations of the year.  I love it for them!!!
This year Layla asked to go to El Tequila Salsa.  They had dinner and then shared an enormous dessert!
Adah was very specific as she always is.  She wanted to bike to a park with a picnic dinner.  Sweet!
So she and I packed up dinner in a backpack and they headed out as soon as Daddy got home from work. 



I realize that I have so much time with the girls by myself but I wanted to do something extra special with them this year too.  So, we went to have tea and lunch at Johanna May's.  What a lovely time we had.  We took our time enjoying our tea and food.  They were so cute trying to use their best tea party manners.  We smelled all the tea just to select the right one.  They ordered their meals with their best voices and of course held their pinkies up in the air just right. 
It was important to me to have some conversations about being different; standing up for Jesus different.
We spent time reading and talking from Romans 12. 
It's crazy to think they will both be at school all day this year! 
I am excited and sad all in one. 
I love these little ladies to pieces!!!!!!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment