I found this adorable barn for $10.00 at a second hand store and could not wait to bring it home and transform it for our little guy. It was so enjoyable to paint and dream of the day he would play with it. Although I love doing these types of projects, I know there is a chance he may not even like to play with it. I know that sounds like I'm being a Debbie Downer but it is reality.
Through the wait, God is slowly revealing to me ALL of the many, many expectations I hold to. It's not bad to have expectations but sometimes you didn't even know you had any until they are broken or not met and you are left sad and disappointed. Someone misses your birthday and you are upset. Your kids disobey and you are frustrated. You go out of your way to help someone and they are less than thankful. So often we paint a picture of what the end result will look like and it leaves us empty and hurt. I am constantly reminded that I need to give up my thoughts of what I think life will turn out like {the fairytale version} and cling to the One that has it ALL in control {the Sovereign version}. I need to go out and do what God has called me no matter what.
I know the future is not going to be blissful all- the- time, but I want to enjoy each step that is laid out before me; the highs and the lows.
So, for now, I am enjoying the newly remodeled
red barn for my son,
red barn for my son,
that he may or may not play with someday! :)



Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment