
*I wrote this on Thursday and just posted today,
Monday, May 9,2011*
Ladies, have you ever had expectations and then it fell through? Well, of course you have! We are all human! Today is my birthday! If you are wondering how old I am....I am 3.....umm.....something. Now that we cleared that up, I'll move on. As I was saying, today is my birthday and I certainly had expectations. Derek was in California all week and was to return today. I had instructions from him to be ready for the sitter at 5:30, get dressed up and look forward to a very nice dinner out. Awesome! He's speaking my love language! A date with my husband AND I get to wear a dress! He knows me so well. As you can expect, I have been longing for tonight all week. Planning what to wear. Thinking of where we might be going. You get the picture. I WAS EXCITED!!! I received a call from him around 11:15 am this morning {he was to land in MN at noon}. "I have bad news" he said. "I'm still in California"!
I was silent.
No words.
No crying.
No noises.
Silent.
What was I to say? So I said nothing. He quickly had to go and said he would call me back when he got a flight. I used that time to let the tears out. Many. When he called me back I was able to tell him that I wasn't upset with him, I was just disappointed and sad. He understood. He was too.
As the day went on, I prayed. Friends prayed. I had a choice to make. You see, years ago, I would have been all done! Mad. Angry. Frustrated. Ready to blame. It was different this time. As I prayed, God gave me the energy and attitude to make the evening what I hoped it would be. Did I get dressed up? No. Did I get a fancy dinner out? No. Derek arrived home at 9:30 pm {about 5 1/2 hours late} and we had the best time.
I wish I could tell you that the rest of the weekend my attitude was as great as that day. It wasn't. I am grateful for the small victories that I have in Christ Jesus each day.
I love my husband and he did not want to hurt me, so why do I choose, so many times, to be angry? Why do I waste the time we have together?
Sin.
Selfishness.
That pretty much sums it up.
Ladies, the next time you have a choice to make, choose humility. Peace. Love. Forgiveness. Gentleness.
1 Thessalonians 5:15-18
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Pray for me, as I try to follow through with these actions toward my husband. I will pray for you. We have a choice to make. As I tell my kids, "make a good choice"!
You'll be happy to know that my husband rescheduled our fancy dinner plans!!!! I can't wait!!!
***********************************
My birthday was wonderful and filled with fun. I have the best friends ever!
Ladies, the next time you have a choice to make, choose humility. Peace. Love. Forgiveness. Gentleness.
1 Thessalonians 5:15-18
Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Pray for me, as I try to follow through with these actions toward my husband. I will pray for you. We have a choice to make. As I tell my kids, "make a good choice"!
You'll be happy to know that my husband rescheduled our fancy dinner plans!!!! I can't wait!!!
***********************************
My birthday was wonderful and filled with fun. I have the best friends ever!

I felt so loved by my family and friends. Cards, gifts, phone calls, lunches and dinners out, movies, dessert and the list goes on.
Thanks for knowing me so well.
I love you, Friends!!!!


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment