
So, the biggest question these days is, "how is your adoption going?" That is a great question. I realized I hadn't written anything adoption related in quite awhile. That is one of the main reasons we started this blog. That, and bringing honor and glory to our Savior!
There really is not too much to report. We are waiting. Waiting. And waiting some more! We are just over 6 months in the waiting for a referral stage. When we were officially put on the waiting list, we were given 9-12 months as a timeline. Good thing I've been bracing for more like 12-18 months! We don't hear too much from our agencies at this point. I'm sure I would if I was calling them everyday asking for information. But, I'm not. It would do me very little good and it would waste my time and theirs. We are waiting for our May numbers, and are sure we moved a few spots. That will be exciting. Otherwise, looking forward to a month with a huge amount of referrals!!!!
How am I? Glad you asked.
I am good. What does that mean, you say. It means I am good. Can good just be good? LOL
Honestly, there are days I feel this is not really my life. Not for real, you know? It seems so far out of reach. Hypothetical. The girls still ask about it almost everyday. I'm glad. But some days, I don't know what to tell them. When they say, "it feels like forever", I say, "yes it does." Because it does! I'm trusting in the Lord. I'm living each day like I always have. I'm just living these days with the hope of a little boy, our son, that we will {Lord willing} be with some day!!!!
God is good. I've said that a hundred times. I mean it. I'm waiting, yes, but with such a peace ruling in my heart. It is not me. If it was, I would be a wreck!
Continue to pray for our family. Pray for us, as we have no idea when we will be on the other side of this. Pray for Little Guy, whether he is born yet or not. Pray for his birth family and the decisions they will be making. Pray that God will be glorified through it all.
Thank you for asking me about our adoption. Don't stop. I wish I had a more glamorous answer to give you. Waiting isn't a very exciting response. I'll look forward to the day when you ask me and I will have travel dates and plane tickets!
1Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment