How often do we pray to God for things and already have the answer we want or hope for in our minds? I think that I am very guilty of this and don't even mean too! Derek and I, along with many of you, have been praying that God will provide all we need to get through this adoption. We pray for the patience, the endurance and, of course, the finances. Well, God cannot, will not, be contained by the tiny box I put Him in! This past week was a whopper. About 2 weeks ago Derek's boss stepped into a different position at work and his job became available. I won't bore you with all the details, but last week, Monday and Tuesday, Derek interviewed and by Thursday was offered the position. Friday he accepted. He is now a manager. There is only one reason we are sharing this story with you all.....For. God's. Glory. Period.
God is the absolute only excuse.
God answered our prayer, but not how we thought...better. He provided a job with more income {to cover more of the expense of our adoption} and less travel, in the long run. We know that we are being stretched in this process but that is the growth God wants to see in us. He didn't take away the stretch entirely but enough to sustain us and remind us that He is in control.
It gets better.
Wait for it.
That very same day, the job offer day, we received an envelope that housed a check for money toward our adoption from an anonymous donor. Am I kidding? NO. It just so happens that we are looking at our next adoption bill to send out this week in the same amount we were given! ONLY JESUS!!!
Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.
So, where are we now{besides praising God}? Derek is finishing up the job he is currently in this week, and next week will step into management. Pray for him. Pray that he can adjust to the new pressures and also learning a new job. I have to say that I am so proud of him in the midst of this entire process. He stood for who he is and never wavered. It's way cooler that he got the job after sharing the Gospel with one of the interviewers than if he would have gotten it keeping his mouth shut about Jesus. I pray that I can be more bold to share the Gospel with those around me on a daily basis. This is challenge.
We are also cruisin' through the dossier paperwork. Of course, it's never really fast enough for an impatient person like me! There have been many challenges throughout but the mountains out way the valleys. We will let you know when we are officially "waiting" for Little Guy! We're gettin' there!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment