Friday, October 29, 2010

A little like Charlie Brown

Did anyone catch Charlie Brown, The Great Pumpkin last night? Well, our family sat down to watch and I just had to laugh as I caught myself totally relating to the boy with the round, bald head. Lucy comes in with football in hand and asks Charlie Brown if he wants to practice his kicking. He voices to Lucy that he wasn't going to fall for that trick again as he is aware that she pulls the ball out of his way at the last minute making him fall on his back. She insists that she will not do it this time and Charlie stands his ground and says NO! She then pulls out a letter that she gives him stating that she will not pull the football out of his way. He looks at the sheet of paper and says she must mean it because it's a signed document. He proceeds to run toward the football with letter in hand and, of course, she tricks him and pulls the ball out of the way. As Charlie falls to his back, Lucy grabs the letter and looks at it saying it's a funny thing about these letters, it's not notarized!
As I watched and thought about all of the mounds of paperwork we had just sent in {all notarized}, I had to laugh out loud. We heard from our agency today. Thanks for praying but we were not the 5% we were hoping for. We were the other 95%. That does not mean God didn't answer our prayers. He is continuing to work out His Plan and His perfect timing for our family. Yes, I was frustrated and disappointed, at first. They are minor changes, but I do feel like that football was pulled out from in front of me! :)
We will make our revisions as quickly as we can and get them out the door as we always do. After AGCI receives the corrections they will review them one last time and we will then.....be on the waiting list for our little guy.

Thanks again for praying for our family. We can feel the prayers. It's a miracle that I didn't shed one tear when she told me of the changes we had to make. That's answered prayer alone! We will keep you updated as we get word. Meanwhile, we will marvel at our Great God and sing praises to His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment