My thoughtful husband planned a night out for the two of us; I mean PLANNED. He ordered tickets, he chose the restaurant, scheduled the babysitter and brought her home. The moment we heard that Peter Eide was coming to the Grand we were both very excited. When Derek attended the Adoption Summit in April, Peter Eide was there. Derek was able to speak with him briefly after his concert. Peter is an adoptive father of two and a father of 5. Derek was very touched when he heard him sing his adoption song, "Why Wouldn't I" and remembers this being a very pivotal moment in his heart change toward our family adopting.
I put the idea {of going to the concert} out of my mind- I thought to myself, we are in the middle of a costly adoption and not "free spending" much at all. To my surprise, Derek told me we were going out on Sunday and he had it all planned.
We had a wonderful time just talking {uninterrupted} and spending time together. The concert was very fun and active. Peter led us all in praise and worship and sang many fun songs. He shared the Gospel, spoke of our own adoption into the Kingdom of Heaven and orphan adoption. Although he didn't sing "Why Wouldn't I" we spent the evening enjoying our time and reminiscing of how we long to be with our son; Little Guy.
Thank you to my best friend and love of my {earthly}life. I had a great time just being with you! Love you Derek! xo


Addis Ababa Time
What a great testimony! Just lettin' ya' know we're watching your "adoption story" from afar in MN. Congrats to Derek too! Missing 52nd Ave but knowing we are where God wants us. If you ever pass by on your travels do stop in!!!
ReplyDeleteDan & MB