The other day Derek and I were at Walmart and we saw a comeback Barbie doll from 1985! I yelled out, "I have that same doll!" Unfortunately, the new doll is $65.00 but who needs the new one when you have the original...
Today, the girls asked if I would get my old Barbies down for them. It brought a smile to my face because I have been waiting for that "perfect time". I actually didn't realize they even knew I had them. So, I was happy to dig in the basement and bring the dusty, old bins upstairs. I had just as much fun playing with the Barbies as my daughters. In the process, I had a few good laughs looking at the style of clothing for the dolls. What comes around goes around- it seems to be "back in style". I don't believe I will ever be able to fully bring back the
80's fashion (sorry Megan) because it was awful the first time why do it again! In the 80's I worked the stirrup pants, had the big hair held with extra hold Rave, wore Skidz(pants and shorts), danced to Hey Mickey on my record player (and 8 Track), and rocked all the "in" colors such as turquoise, purple, yellow and lime green. I just can't put myself through that again.
It is so neat to see all the toys making a comeback though. Mon Chee Chee monkeys, Hello Kitty and My Mellody, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch Kids, Rainbow Bright and more.
If you are enjoying the reminisce with me then enjoy a few pictures of my basement treasures
It was super fun sharing a joyful part of my past with my girls. Recently, they have begun to want to hear stories about our childhoods. We gladly share all that we can remember and it leaves them wanting more! I'm so grateful for a chance to share a heritage; a legacy with my children. I pray that each of them grow up knowing that our heritage is far greater than Barbies and stories about our pets that we had. My prayer is that Derek and I can glorify God in all that we say and do(not an easy task) and tell them the true story of a Legacy that leads them straight back to the cross of Jesus Christ.


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment