Tuesday, August 3, 2010

He is Faithful; What about me?


Today was another big post office day as I sent off 2 more packages filled with paperwork! I was planning on sending one today, but it quickly turned into 2. Friday Derek and I went to our bank where they proceeded to sign and notarize all the documents we needed for us to become official clients of our agency (contracts and legal documents). This was yet another blessing from the Lord. Tricia, from our bank, signed and notarized 12 documents for us and it was completely...FREE! There's that word again and I will never grow weary of hearing it!
Anyway, we had planned that the ship date would be today or tomorrow. On Monday, Layla went to the mailbox and brought me a yellow envelope. I quickly ripped into it and realized it was Derek's FBI returned fingerprints! I was in shock! From my last post you read that it would take 12-13 weeks to receive these papers back! I sent the fingerprint cards just 1 week and 1 day ago! Only God can change 12-13 weeks into 1!!!! Praise God! Well, today I received my FBI records check in the mail and left as fast as I could to go the post office. Before I left, I wanted to take a picture of our hefty pile of papers, but I still needed to write the check to send along. I've never written (personally) such a large amount on a check! I have to admit that my hand was trembling and I was NERVOUS(and a bit emotional)! I don't "do" the finances around here so I was definitely out of my element. As I was writing, I looked down at the check style that I was writing on (we have bible verses) and it had the word FAITH printed all over the check. Really God? It was such a reminder that we are doing this on the strength of Jesus and not ourselves. That it is a step of faith for our family and that we trust Him with everything for our lives, because we ARE His.
I am so thankful for the reminders He gives us. I pray that I can slow down enough to notice each and everyone of them because they are all around!!!

2 Timothy 2:11-13
Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him, we will also live with him. If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
if we are faithless,
he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment