Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Deep Breath

Today my head is spinning. Thankfully this is the first time I have felt this way since we began our adoption journey. So far, I have been pretty calm and very efficient with the mounds of paperwork. Well, last night we got the binder. This isn't just any binder it is THEE binder. Our dossier begins. I have realized that I can't even begin to explain to anyone what that even means! However, I do know, that it is a crazy amount of paperwork that needs to be done absolutely perfect or it can hold up your adoption! Yikes! Needless to say, I opened up the binder and my hands started to shake and I got that butterfly in the stomach feeling. Not the excited butterflies but the butterflies that are totally out of formation! Derek was right when he told me to close the binder and step away! That's exactly what I did...physically. Mentally was a different story. I thought about it quite a bit after I closed it up. I thought, how can I do this paperwork when I can't even understand what they are really asking for? Do I have the time and energy to accomplish this task? Will I be feeling this anxiousness the rest of the process?
As I logged on to post today, I read the verse of the day that I added to the side of our blog page. As you can guess, it was exactly what I needed! God has shown Himself to us over and over again, why wouldn't He carry me through this? He would and He does.
So, I am taking a deep breath, remembering that this is God's idea and He will help us accomplish what He has for us. Only He can calm my anxious heart and only through Him can we finish this race!

Psalm 46:1,10&11 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Pray for me, my friends that I will rest in my Almighty God! To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment