It is our tradition, on these special days like Memorial Day, to call the very important people in our lives that served in the military. We thank them for serving our country and fighting for our freedom. We are honored to have many generations of Armed Forces in our family. Thank you to my Grandpa Bud, who served in the US Army. He was injured in WWII, Italy, when a bomb hit the tank he was manning. My father, Jim, served in the Air Force as a military policeman stationed in Turkey. My brother, Bryan, was sent to Somalia as a Marine. My Grandpa Sanders served in the US Army, Derek’s Grandpa Earl and Grandpa Luther both served in the Navy and are no longer living. What a heritage they have given us! We are grateful for the sacrifice they unselfishly gave so we could have the freedom we enjoy today!
As thankful as I am for the sacrifice these men gave, I am reminded of the sacrifice that was given for my eternal salvation. Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for the payment of my sins so I can spend eternity with Him someday! I am overwhelmed of the price that was paid for me. I am undeserving.
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:22-23
Today, we also remembered our two little loves that we lost. We thought it was fitting to have a memorial for the baby we lost one week ago today. Thank you, God for that family time of closure. Thank you for comforting us and hearing our prayers.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment