I'm sure you have at least once in your life.
Funny enough, I felt this way about a plant in my house. Yep, a plant. You see, I've never had much of a green thumb {I've been reading and learning and getting better} and so house plants had a very short life span in our home. Honestly, it was most likely from neglect...or lack of water! Whoops!
The last few years I have taken my role with the inside house plants much more seriously. I've pruned and watered and they get plenty of sunlight in the kitchen window. I'm really enjoying caring for and watching these plants grow. A few months back, one of my flowers I had bought 2 years ago stopped blooming. No. More. Flowers. This was so sad. It had the most beautiful blooms with red and yellow. Loved it.
Anyway, what happened? I was caring for it properly. Why wasn't it producing flowers anymore? I started thinking, it's just not as pretty without the flowers, maybe I should throw it out?
Well, I decided to wait it out and you would guess, that little flower, after months and months and months, bloomed those beautiful red and yellow flowers once again.
Why do I share this????
This sounds very simple and a bit insignificant but I learned so much from this little plant in my kitchen window.
When I saw that first bud coming out I was so glad. I was glad that I didn't give up. I was glad that I didn't throw it in the trash. It felt like an accomplishment.
More than that I felt hope. It was comforting to see the re-growth.
I was quickly reminded of my own life. Waiting. Time of re-growth without the beautiful flowers. You know, that behind the scenes work that the Lord is doing in my life.
If I would have thrown this flower in the garbage, I would have missed the beauty. The color. The growth.
I want growth in my life. I don't want to think I deserve the good from God but not the difficult. I want flowers! I want them now! It's hard to wait for what God has planned for my life. Some days it feels like a drought.
I am grateful for that little flower. I love the ways that God chooses to speak to our hearts.
It's simple, but Significant!
The road has been long. There have been ups and downs. Our hearts are weary from waiting.
I NEVER dreamed it would take this long to complete our adoption and hold our son in our arms.
We continue to trust our Heavenly Father and His will for our lives.
I couldn't sleep last night. I'm not exactly sure why. I laid there and thought of all the reasons I wasn't sleeping. My legs were sore from a run I took the other day. The wind was blowing. I heard a car. Maybe. As I laid there and prayed God whispered to me that it was okay to be sad. He just wanted me to tell Him and cast it upon Him.
Today marks 2 years since our second miscarriage. I look back and read some of the original posts for this blog and thought, "God, you were doing such a work in my life." Honestly, I don't spend much energy thinking about our loss so I think it threw me off a bit to have that come over me last night and this morning. Derek and I trust the Lord and His plan for our lives. We are in His grip and see His plan unfolding in our lives.
Right now the plan being carried out is TRUST. I keep hearing Jesus say "trust me, Christy, even though it's hard. I have a plan for your life. Your family's life. My glory. Just trust me."
I do trust you, Lord. It's a challenge some days but I can't see the big picture, only Christ can. I only see each moment right in front of me. I just can't see it all!
Psalm 56:8
You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.
I just keep looking at that little plant in my kitchen window and I smile and think,
"Don't give up, you may miss the beauty!"
This is my flower in the kitchen window after it bloomed again!


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment