Thursday, May 10, 2012

March to May and the in Between

I think I blinked and lost April! I'm not sure what happened apart from just being busy. I am so glad to have a few minutes to sit and journal about the last few months. There is so much to say.
I am grateful for the Spring, my favorite season of all! I get so charged by the new growth and the beautiful, God created colors we see all around the outdoors. It's also a time when the school year ends and activities slow. Love the break. Good Great year, but love the break.

Life has been stuffed full of blessings and fun. I will try to recap the last few months!
Here goes...
In March, we took a family over-nighter to Milwaukee to meet with our adoption social worker to update our expiring home study {still in process by the way} We had a great time staying in a hotel, swimming, and eating some yummy food out.
 
The next week began spring break for the kids. I decided to plan a road trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa. I asked my friend Karen if she would like to go and, to my surprise, she said yes! So Karen and I packed up the van, our total of 6 children and drove the crazy 13 hours to my folks! It went so well you probably wouldn't even believe me! It was a privilege to have Karen, after 11 years of friendship, visit where I grew up; my roots. We had a great time and it was well worth the drive! Some highlights:
Shopping all day while my fabulous mother-in-law watched all 6 of our kids! AMAZING!
The kids running free at my parents house out in the country {one of my favorite places in the world}.
Going to the movies with Grandma and Grandpa to see the Lorax.
Karen and I having dinner with one of my favorite cousins and old friends, Alyson!
Hanging out with my nieces and nephew and all the time they spent with Adah and Layla!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa and Grandma and Pap Pap for all you did for us to make it a fantastic visit!!!
{super big bummer- Karen and I both forgot our camera- wish we had better pics!}
 

 
Posted by Picasa
Following the wild trip to Ohio, we, Karen, Jessica, Alison and myself, headed to Door County for a very relaxing girl's weekend away. It was so wonderful to sleep in, eat hot meals, swim and not get splashed and talk without being interrupted. My favorite moments were talking together over God's Word and eating out at a very nice restaurant! Yummy!
A big thanks to the Daddy's who held the forts down so we could go! You rock!!!
 
We rounded out March and rapidly headed into April.
Easter is always a great weekend for our family. Although we rarely spend Easter with family, we have lots of traditions we have developed for our little family.
Some of my favorites are:
Reading and talking over the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
The Good Friday church service.
Coloring eggs.
Hunting for Easter baskets and jelly beans.
Easter morning church.
Our symbolic lamb dinner.
Enjoying good company.

Saturday we were invited to Tim and Sue's house for an early Easter feast and fun. We love their family to pieces. Thanks for including us in your traditions! The girls loved it all!

For Easter Sunday, we hosted Lance, Jenae and Norah for dinner. We had a blast eating, talking and playing their XBox games {I'm sure that's not what it is called, but I am electronically challenged}.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
 
 
There were lots more exciting activities and events in our family, however, no pictures to prove it! :) Adah lost a few more teeth. She is down 4 now. Our family also participated in the city wide Green and Clean trash pick up. We've celebrated many birthdays and lots of personal family accomplishments. Here's the latest and greatest Layla {5 years old now} quote, "MOM, the forecast said rain today, but it is beautiful outside!" Never a dull moment around here.

May always brings fun and a full calendar as well. I celebrated my birthday last week and Derek's is around the corner!
I have the greatest friends ever. Karen took me out for a super sweet lunch at a new place I had never been. Loved it! The next day, Megan, Sue and Kristy treated me for another lunch at my favorite, local tea place. It was so wonderful to sit and talk and reflect on the year and the goodness of God in our lives! Thanks to the sweetest friends ever!!!!


Honestly, I wish I could say the biggest thing that has happened to us recently was a referral of our Little Guy, but it's not!
The biggest happening in our family right now is the purchase of a vacation home!!!
We bought a camper!
We are so thrilled! We took it for our first spin already and had a blast. We went to a local campsite and celebrated my birthday by the campfire. Ben, Megan and the girls came for a visit on Saturday for a few hours. It was awesome and just what our family needed. We are looking forward to many family memories being made in the years to come.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
I cannot express how thankful I am for my life, my family and friends, but especially the fact that I know I will spend eternity with my Savior someday! Oh the comfort I have in Jesus even in this crazy world we live in.
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 12, 2012

    Love the camper :) we camped so much as a family when I was young and have so many wonderful memories! What an awesome thing for your girls! Love, jenni k

    ReplyDelete