Thursday, February 23, 2012

How could she be?

How could our little Adah Lou be 7 already? Wasn't it just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital?
I guess not. Where has the time gone?
I love this little love so much. She brings joy to our family and, at times, gives me a run for my money. I wouldn't want her .any.other.way.

Her birthday celebration was .just. for her. I asked Adah what she wanted to do for her birthday and she gave me the details. The one thing about Adah is she takes a while to decide but once she makes up her mind she doesn't usually change it. She was set on a slumber party with her best pals, so that's what we did. I love that she gave me some specifics {such as what she wanted her cake to look like} but then wanted me to give her lots of surprises too. She is very much like her Momma in this way!
I always enjoy making my daughter's birthdays a big tadoo. It's the day they were born- two of my favorite days ever! God has blessed us with Adah and Layla and for that I am forever grateful. Each day I desire to learn more and more how to care for them and love them.
Thank you, God, for the arrows in our quiver. Help us to cherish them and lead them closer to You each and everyday.

Psalm 127:4-5a
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Happy Birthday, Adah Lou.
We are so thankful for you! It was fun to see how thankful you were for your slumber party birthday.
You picked some sweet friends to join you!!!



This morning, Adah woke to singing and pancakes with all of her favorite toppings. The table was decorated with balloons and gifts. She ate from her special day plate and cup and, as we enjoyed breakfast, we went through her baby book and birthday book. It's so fun to tell her about the day she was born and all the birthdays that have lead up to this one. We are looking forward to her favorite dinner, sweet and sour chicken, and then a giant cookie that I bought at Sam's Club. Yum. She will share that with her friends that are coming over for our date night switch. So much fun!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment