I can't believe my little love bug turned 6! Derek and I were talking and seems like just the other day we brought her home from the hospital as the 3rd member of our family. Now we are at birthday #6! Yikes!We have birthday weeks around here. I love to make a big deal of birthdays in our home. It is so fun to celebrate the day God gave you life!!!
Adah started her week with two of her bestest friends coming over for a party. There was no school due to President's Day, so Abby and Chloe came for a special party. It all began at 10am when they were dropped off at our house. They played, we painted fingernails, curled our hair, danced around and sang Sherry Baby and put on our party dresses. They had a ball. Next, we headed to the Olive Garden for lunch. This is where these three 5-6 year olds looked like teenagers to me! They laughed, talked, ordered their own food and used there best manners! It was so fun. We opened presents at the restaurant and then went home to eat treats and cake.
On her actual birthday, Adah had school during the day and church programs that night, but we made the most of the time we had. She woke up to presents and Daddy's pancake breakfast before school. I sent with her ice cream sandwiches to share with her class for a school celebration. We went to dinner at Polito's Pizza where we met Ben, Megan, Ellie and Josie and ate yummy pizza. Final stop was church where Adah had the snack of sugar cookies for everyone in her class. It was a fun week and Adah was very excited and thankful for all the focus on her! Don't we all tend to enjoy that from time to time?! :)
I am so thankful for my family. God has blessed us and for that I am grateful. In talking with some friends this week, I shared that I am at a place where I feel content where God has me. It's not always easy each day, especially waiting on a very long adoption process, but to see God has me right where He wants me and I except that......well, progress! I am trying to enjoy the fact that my girls sleep through the night. They get dressed by themselves in the morning. They can brush their teeth and hair. They make their beds. They fold and put away laundry {sometimes without being asked} and so on. We don't always get the path we would choose for our lives, but I'm learning that God knows best!!!! Just trust Him! So, I am enjoying the stage of life I'm in right now. It will be different with another little one coming into the house, which I am totally excited about, but I'm choosing to rejoice in the now!
I'm 6 now. This is what I love to do with my time...Play with my sister.
Pretend play.
Decorate my room.
Go to school.
Read.
Draw and color.
Help my Momma.
Play cards.
Chase with my Daddy.
Play with Strawberry Shortcake dolls.
Play with anything tiny.
Play with my friends.
Eat anything sweet.
Read Bible stories.
Go to Sunday School and church.
Go on "dates" with my Daddy.
Sing, dance, hum and whistle.
My newest thing...
Writing and illustrating books. My Momma loves reading my books and says I can be a writer someday and have books published for everyone to read. I don't know about that but I sure do love to write. My Momma says it's her new favorite thing that I do! Here is taste of my work...
It's been fun to see my girls grow up. Of course, it's gone by too fast but it's been fun. I so desire for my daughters to be best friends and have a great relationship. Derek and I work hard with them to ensure that this is possible. They truly love each other and they get along.....MOST of the time!!!!!
Thank you God for your blessings!






Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment