Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Surf, Sun and Sand, Oh My!

We enjoyed a family vacation to Outer Banks, NC for some time on the beach. The girls absolutely loved every minute. We loaded up in my parent's camper and headed down south. I just love the beach. It defines my favorite vacation. I don't know if it's the sand, the warm, the water and waves, or the relaxation, but I enjoy it tremendously. I think my girls are officially hooked. There are many pictures to follow. I had a difficult time narrowing them down.
 
Posted by Picasa

These pictures were taken one beautiful morning down on the beach. I had gotten up early to run on the beach and when I returned to the campsite Adah was up. She and I headed back down to the beach to collect seashells. It was probably one the most precious moments I have ever had with Adah (except when she prayed to receive Christ). It was a great opportunity to show her, in a small way, just how big God is. We sat together and looked out on the ocean and I asked her if she could see anything but water. When she said no I reminded her that God is so big that He holds the oceans in His hand. She and I sat in amazement of our Heavenly Father who is Greater than us. We ended our time in prayer. Ahhhh, sitting on the beach, basking in God's creation and praying with my 5 year old...it doesn't get any better than that! Her prayer was sweet with thankfulness unto the Lord. Thank you, God for your Glory.


 

We had one rainy day while we were there so we headed off for a little sightseeing. We climbed the Kitty Hawk sand dunes, another one of God's fabulous creations. This was a must see for me. When I was a little girl, we vacationed a few years in a row at this very place and climbed these dunes. What a fun chance to take my kids to place that I remember having such a wonderful time.
 
Posted by Picasa

 

On our adventure out, we found a fresh, I mean, very fresh, seafood market called Austins' Fish Market. As you can see, Derek and I enjoyed some lobster!
 
Posted by Picasa

Did I mention that the girls LOVED the beach?
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment