Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Pleasures

Summer is here and I'm finally feeling it! The last month has felt like a decade, in some regards. I took a deep breath yesterday and got a big whiff of....SUMMER!!!
Here are a few of my Summer pleasures...

Tire swing...
 
We are going "green"! This is a tire that we had in our garage and Derek recycled it into a swing for the girls. They are loving it. As he was hanging it up he said that he always wanted a tire swing as a kid. Thank you, Daddy for the awesome swing.

Strawberry Picking....
 
Posted by Picasa
Every summer, when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit, we try to go and pick...whatever is in season at the time. This year it was strawberries. There is nothing like hearing that snap and then tasting one of God's sweetest treats!

Eating the strawberries, many different ways....
 
After we brought our two, huge flats of berries home, we started creating. We made smoothies, pancakes, lemonade and fairy cake (thank you to Karen and her Mom-in-law for the recipe). Yummy!

Enjoying our backyard....

We have been hanging in the backyard a little more this summer. As you can see, Grandpa pulled the camper right in. Nothing like smores on a fire.

Off with the training wheels... Layla Jane got her training wheels off Sunday, June 27. She did great with her Daddy by her side. We have a lot of practicing to do, but she'll have it in no time at all!

GRANDPA AND GRANDMA...
 
What a blessing these two are to us! Adah and Layla are having a blast with there Grandma and Grandpa. As you can see they are being spoiled stiff! That's what grandparents are for, right? Well, I'm being spoiled a little too. Between all the extra help with the girls and having my windows cleaned I don't know what I'll miss the most! That's not entirely true. I have a wonderful relationship with my parents. I love having them around to just laugh and talk!

Bay Beach fun day....
 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa
What a treasure Bay Beach is. One or two tickets, depending on the ride at 25 cents a ticket. You can't beat that! Hours of fun for my kiddos. As you can see, for the grandparents too!!! Thank you for the great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment