Some of these highlights include:
Adah's last field trip for Pre K
Cowboy theme for Family Bible week
Adah at Safety City with two of her best pals
Adah and Layla enjoying splashing in the rain
Adah and Layla with their buds at our friends surprise birthday party
The last month has flown by for sure! In addition to these fun little activities, there has been a few more...doozies, if you will.
Derek just got back from a fishing trip to Canada with 10 other men from our church. It was difficult to let him go for a week, but I was glad to know he was going with very godly men. He had a wonderful time doing what he loves to do best. FISH. Not just a few hours here and there. We're talking hard core fishing. From dawn until dusk. He was in his element! As you can see...
While Derek was gone, I went to work. I had a yard sale with a few girlfriends here at my house. It was work! It was worth it, but it was a ton of work. Before we had gotten pregnant we had decided that we would liquidate all of the baby clothes and some of our baby items. After we lost the baby it just seemed like we should make the same decision. It was emotional, freeing, sad and joyous all in one. On one hand, it was hard "letting go" of the baby memories and the hopes of maybe not having anymore biological children. On the other hand, it was a beautiful start to bringing home our adopted child. When I let go and let God take control, it was freeing. I don't want to "hang on" to the "things" in my life and think that God needed me to remind him that I still have everything, so go ahead God. That was a moment of trusting in the Lord with all my mind, heart, soul and strength. That doesn't mean that I did not shed a few tears watching outfits, jammies, baby shoes, bibs and gear, that my girls once wore, being sold from my garage. But knowing that the money that we made was going toward something very dear to us was worth the temporary sadness. I was doing okay with it all up until Friday morning. My friend, Karen and I had made a huge sign (see below) that read, "All proceeds going to adoption expenses" so everyone that shopped at the sale knew someone was adopting. It lent for many questions. Anyway, Friday morning was very busy and I was walking away to get something out of the house and I heard someone ask Karen about the adoptions (our friends are at the end of their adoption and leaving next month to get Mia in China...yeah!). I, all at once, was overwhelmed with emotion. I was emotional over special things being sold, people caring so much about our adoption and supporting us, being very tired from lack of sleep all week and realizing that Derek was missing it all! After that moment of crying and crying out to God, I felt peace! I love that peace. God has given it me so many times these past few months. Thank you, Lord for walking, and sometimes carrying me, through these hard times. You are faithful even when I am not!
Isaiah 40:28-29
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.




Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment