Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Life as we know it.

Life is busy.  Life is wonderful.  Life is different.  Life is flying by.
We have been home with Jude for one month (actually tomorrow to be exact).  We would use all of those words to describe our life currently.  We are just loving our new little addition.  The girls have fully adjusted to having a baby brother.  Jude is doing great.  He has an amazing personality.  His smiles melt this momma's heart.  He is settling into his forever family and finding his voice among the chaos- and bringing some of his own, chaos that is.  Wink. Wink.
The Daddy and Momma are still smiling and truly thanking God for His provision of an answered prayer.  Each day we realize more and more what an absolute miracle he is, especially as we see less and less completed Ethiopian adoptions. 
We are trying to pull back the expectations that we have had the last four years.  Some things are just not going to get done and some will get done just not as thorough as before.  Asking God to give us a makeover of expectations and priorities.  It's good.  It's hard.  It's humbling. 

I am sifting through the adoption voices of what to do and what not to do.  It seems that "they" have a cookie cutter answer for how to love, raise, discipline and physically care for these little ones- it's not a one size fits all.  There is a particular kind of guilt that you (I should say I) feel when I see him screaming his little head off.  Do I run and pick him up and not let him scream?  Is it okay to let him cry a little as I do not want to create an issue later on.  Let's just say I do not know what the answers are.  I'm not reading any books to help me make these decisions.  Derek and I are joining together and praying and asking the Lord to help us raise Jude and the girls to love Him.  It's sometimes difficult to drown out the voices but we are sure God will speak loudest! 

Four years of waiting has somehow made this gift even sweeter and for that we are grateful.

Some highlights of our adorable little man.....

No comments:

Post a Comment