On May 31 our family was showered in the most beautiful, wonderful way.
Five of my most cherished friends lavished us with an Adoption Celebration for Jude.
My heart is still full and overflowing with gratitude and love from that day. It was the most beautiful shower I have ever seen not lacking in Spiritual content whatsoever!!!!
Derek drove our family along with our two moms to the shower location (which I did not know until we pulled up to the door). From the moment I walked in the tears flowed from my eyes. Each detail was thought out and had so many special touches. I love that my friends know me so well! As you can see from the pictures it was a gorgeous day!
Holly Kaiser, a gifted photographer, photographed the day and she captured all the beauty and emotion from the celebration.
So much planning and time and energy went into this day and I am forever grateful for the way it blessed me and will show Jude how incredibly loved he is!
To Karen, Megan, Sue, Kristy and Margaret, thank you!!!! You are a treasure to me.
I love "doing life" with each of you!
The shower was at the Woodson Historical Museum, living room.
Here are some pictures of the GORGEOUS décor they had waiting for us when we arrived!
The girls and I walked in and were overwhelmed by every detail. Tears flowed from that moment on.
I walked around in amazement and tried to take it all in.
Kristy welcomed us all with a beautiful prayer and a description of some of the things on each table. Karen spoke to us with a devotion. She left nothing out and captured the essence of our 4 year journey. I love you!
They gave some time for other ladies that wanted to share as well. Each of our moms talked and it was just perfect. Megan and Connie shared too. They were also all asked to write a scripture, word or prayer on a rock and they were placed in a jar that says Blessings For Jude. Whenever we need encouragement we can pull one of those rocks out and be reminded of how much we are loved.
So much support and love came to us!!!
And here are the women that lavished the blessings!
Oh my, I am so grateful to the Lord for these ladies!!!!!
Absolutely beautiful on the inside and outside!
We were overwhelmed once again by the generosity of the guests who brought us so many gifts!
We are so very thankful!
As you can see, my girls were loving every minute of the day!
It was special to have them be a part of this!
A few minutes into the gift opening, Derek, my amazing husband, walks in with gifts and 5 long stem roses (one for every member of our family). Oh. My. Word.
He read a Psalms to all of us and then I opened many goodies from him. He surprised me with an Ethiopian blanket, flags and stickers. He also bought his son a pair of Carhart bibs!!!
Just like Daddy!
As if there needed to be anything more- one more gift. I began to open package after package from Karen. Cute books and boots for Jude came first and then......
I opened a scrapbook. Not just any scrapbook. A scrapbook that held pictures and notes of so many families that love us and have showed us support over the years. Next to each of their pictures and notes was a square of fabric. I knew right away what that meant. The next box I opened was a quilt. The tears streamed down my face. Each square from the families in the book matched a square in this beautifully made quilt for our son. LOVE!
I was so surprised. I didn't think they could surprise me in this way and they absolutely did!!!
Thank you for contributing to this quilt for our family. It will be cherished forever!
Isn't it gorgeous???? Nice work Karen!!!
Lastly, prayer time. Just when I thought I wouldn't cry anymore. :)
Sue welcomed all the guests to come around us for prayer. She began with a prayer for Jude and his birth mom. They did not leave anything out! Prayer for our family and Jude spread around the circle as one after another lifted us to The Lord.
Even Layla prayed for her baby brother. They asked Derek to close the prayer time and I was so full of love; love from these ladies and love from Christ.
So encouraged!
Blessed!!!
These were the lovely ladies that came to shower us with blessings.
My heart overflows with gratitude and thankfulness!
I will forever cherish this day and especially the people who planned it!
God is so good and faithful!!!
Resting in His perfect timing!










Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment