This morning we were greeted with news about our adoption. Three families were called with the news of their court date! Yay for them! However, we were not one of those families. *sigh*
As I read the email from our case worker I choked back the tears of sadness and frustration. I thought we were the "next" family in line. I was wrong. We were in a grouping of 5 families and the first three got their call. My heart is rejoicing for those families that know when they will be traveling to meet their children. It is hard to be on this end. We could get the call tomorrow. We could still get the same court date as these three families. We also could have to wait many more days until we get word. Continuing to trust; running out of steam.
As I was on the phone with Derek discussing this new development, I didn't realize that my girls were full ears listening to what was "going down". I sent a few texts to some of my "gals" to be praying. I briefed them and added that I was choking back tears. As communication began with a few of them I went from choking on tears to flowing tears. At that moment the phone rang and it was Karen. As I am chatting with her Layla, my youngest, dropped a note onto my lap.
It read:
I LOVE YOU!!! I TRUST THE LORD!!!
Oh, sweet Layla. I do too.
In these moments I pray so hard that my girls have seen at least a little faith and trust in our great God coming out of me. That would be glory.
So, Life is good....Watch the hole!
What does that mean, you ask?
Life is so good around here. We are so blessed. Loving summer. Loving the new house. Loving my marriage. Loving my friendships. Sooo good. Seriously.
Derek and I were talking the other day and I told him how I can describe our life right now. All the things I just said that are so great about life are true but there is a giant hole in the middle of our kitchen floor. Yep, right there! (track with me- not really, just figuratively!)
It's so big that if you fell into it you would get really hurt. We have to step around it and over it everyday. Derek, me and the girls. It would be ridiculous not to acknowledge that it's there but you don't want to focus your entire day and life on it. A hole. A void.
Life is good; watch out for the hole.
Make sense?
Does to us.
I don't feel like God wants us to pretend the hole doesn't exist. He wants to know how we will handle the hole. Will we blame God? Blame others? Thank God for the chance to grow and trust Him? Will we work through it on our own strength? Probably done all of that.
God has began a good work in my life (our lives) and He will carry it on until completion.
Am I going to Trust Him fully?
I hope so.



Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment