Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The surprise of all surprises!

I still have to remind myself that this is a true story!
So, we were on our way back the Sunday of our fall camping trip. We were driving north on the highway to go home.  The girls were relaxing in the backseat being rather quiet and Derek and I were in the middle of a deep conversation.  Neither of us said anything to each other but we both noticed a car hanging out in the passing lane right beside us.  They were there for a while.  As the car finally pulled up a little further, Derek looked over and the next thing I hear is him yelling, "WHAT???". 
I then also look over and I am now looking at my mom and dad driving next to us!  I was so very confused.  I had to process that we were in Wisconsin driving home, they are from Ohio driving in Wisconsin.  I was in a fog.  That was all just a few short seconds and then I shouted out and proceeded to sob my eyes out for the next hour!
Here's the other end of the story.  We call it a miracle.  There's absolutely no way that this happened by chance.  Only the Lord.  We had absolutely no idea they were coming to visit!  Later, when we were retelling the story, my mom shared that she really wanted to come to the campsite where we were camping but my dad didn't think that was a good idea. So, they continued on in their very long drive here and as they were driving my dad said look there! My mom looked up any saw a camper hook to the car driving ahead of them. They didn't want to believe it but as they got closer sure enough, it was us! God orchestrated the perfect meeting; right on the highway. We hadn't even spoken on the phone for them to know where we even were. They had decided they would just go to our house and wait until we arrived. Wow. They left to go back home 6 days ago and I'm still in shock!
This visit from them was just the perfect time. I have been struggling emotionally with the wait and this was the best pick-me-up!  I was a able to hang out with my parents alone while the girls were in school. That was fun. We hiked up Rib Mountain, went out to breakfast, shopped around, had lunch with the girls, went on a lunch double date, headed to AWANA as a family and enjoyed an afternoon at the apple orchard. So unexpected. So wonderful!
Thanks, Mom and Dad for blessing us!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thinking about you so much Christy...and I so wish the wait was over. Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete