Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Say it ain't so!

This Momma's heart just wasn't ready for her 6 year old baby to loose her first tooth! 
It was one of those days where I was reflecting on the fact that time is racing by, my kiddos are getting way too big, and we long to expand our family. 
As I approached the girls on the way home from school I could tell they were bursting to tell me some exciting news from their day.  Out screamed "I lost a tooth"!  My heart sunk.  I said yeah and oh man in the same sentence.  Poor Layla could not understand why I wasn't more excited.  I told her that I was very excited for her but she was my baby and she was too young to lose her first tooth.  She looked at me and said, "Mom, I will still be your baby even if I lose my teeth."  It was a good reminder but she will not always be my little girl.  These milestones are hard some days.  For me, it seems more difficult with the second child than the first.  I don't know, maybe because you know that's it!? 
Does anyone else understand????

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that...I flat out bawled my eyes out on my twins first birthday! Thanks, again, for your graciousness, and sharing your special Friday night with my little ones. They loved it, I loved it and we all felt incredibly blessed by you all!!

    ReplyDelete