Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Second half

We are wrapping up the second half of summer as August is about half over.  The girls had a blast with their Grandmas and Grandpas, aunts, uncles and cousins while they were in Ohio!  Thank you, family, for a memorable time for our girls! 
Derek and I are glad to have them back.  We really enjoyed our time alone together but were so glad to welcome them home! 
We have had a super fun summer enjoying lots of "mini vacations".  It has been a blessing to have a summer where our family is mobile and our girls are at great ages {and fun} to take just about anywhere!



Our family of 4 headed to Arbor Vitae for a weekend of camping.  We were able to eat at the yummy {and filling} Paul Bunyan's.  We love it there.

 




The girls and I had a day of school shopping.  First, they marked their favorites in a catalog and then we headed to the store.  We had a lot of fun together.  They were such big girls.  They made their selections and then had a big fashion show in the dressing room.
  Going from one store to the next, I had an idea {because I needed them to last a bit longer}.  I asked them if they wanted to take a detour.  They didn't understand what I meant so I explained.  "It's an unexpected stop or change of direction."  They said sure, so we made a stop at a bike path with a really neat covered bridge, which they loved!  We took a few cute pictures, they climbed the rocks, and I raced them back to the car.  It bought me quite a bit more shopping time! :)




Lovin' the garden!!!!!!



We promised Adah that we would take her to a Woodchuck's baseball game this summer.  So, we were able to go to the Faith and Family night at the field.  It was a fun time together {it ended early when one of our darlings threw up from eating too much cheese!}.  It was so good to see how Derek and I handled the situation.  We were actually laughing {not at our daughter} as we left the stadium.  What else was there to do???  It didn't ruin our time, it just added an interesting story to tell.
We have come so far!  Praise Be to God!!!! 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment