Friday, January 6, 2012

Just like old times


Hurry up and wait is often a term you hear in the adoption world. The first few months, or so, your head is spinning from all the mounds and mounds of paperwork that has to be completed...RIGHT NOW! Then silence. Wait. Wait. Wait.
I remember rushing around, signing papers and forms, marking where Derek would need to sign, photocopies galore, shipping costs through the roof because you wanted to overnight everything so it would get there as fast as possible, and notaries of piles of documents. That was well over a year ago. I have not filled out or signed one document since. Nope. None. Not one. Hurry up and wait.
Well, today I find myself filling out some forms. It's a little bitter sweet. It is great to have a little something to do adoption related, however, the forms today are because we have been waiting so long that the mounds of paperwork we completed over a year ago are starting to expire. *sigh*
It really doesn't entail too much work, I think it's just the thoughts that are coming over me. I was talking with a fellow soon-to-be-adoptive-momma yesterday, and we were sharing our emotions from Christmastime. It is so hard spending holidays without your kiddos. Last year, I remember saying, hopefully this is our last Christmas without little guy. Well, another one has come and gone. It's difficult to take the time lines we are given and hold loosely to them. You hear 9-12months, and when that passes by, it is easy to be discouraged and disappointed.
Right now, I am enjoying the few papers I have to fill out. I do know that each day is one day closer to holding my baby boy.
We are excited.
We are ready.
I feel an overwhelming peace right now. How could I not when I hear my 6 year old praying on the walk to school this morning, ..."and Lord, be with little guy, whether he is born or in his mother's "romb" keep him safe, we can't wait until he gets here, amen."
That warms my heart! My daughter praying for a brother across the world that she hasn't even met. I love that!
Thanks for your prayers. We are definitely ready to eat a whole bunch of jelly beans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment