Thursday, December 1, 2011

Still looking ahead.

I debated.
I debated whether to post this.
You see, I would rather post fun pictures of my 5 year old's birthday party.
It's easier. Less messy.
But then I was reminded that this is real life. We are in the thick of living it.
I know so many of you follow our monthly numbers. It has been a fun way to share our progress each month. I know I need to post even when the numbers aren't anything to write about.
I've had the numbers all week. I've only told one person and that was today. I am a person that likes to verbal process everything. Thankfully, I have friends that indulge me. This week, I decided to live in a way that reflected how I feel towards the Lord and my faithfulness to Him. I kept the numbers to myself. At times, it was difficult. We want our people to know what we are going through. I wasn't hiding it, I was just living for Christ and Christ only.
It was interesting what I learn in Bible study today. It was exactly what I had been experiencing all week. This question was posed today, "Think about a personal trial. In this trial, do you consider yourself a prisoner of the circumstance or of Christ?"
After this week, I felt freedom to say I'm a slave to Christ! So, with this small victory, I felt it was time to reveal the November numbers.
We went into November at #22.
We are exiting November at #23.
{a blurry picture seemed fitting!}



Bummer.
We lost a spot.
This will happen from time to time.
It still doesn't make it easier.
I won't bore you with all the details, but it seems like a family changed their parameters {boy, girl, sibling} and it bumped us one spot.
Last month, when we moved 3, I was disappointed.{knowing now what I didn't know then, I would have been more excited about 3!} I had someone say to me {they were just trying to help}, at least you aren't going backwards.
Well, we went backwards! Yuck.
We are still trusting in the Lord.
I was refreshed today at study. I needed to hear a word from the Lord. Thank you God, for speaking to me today. Thank you for letting me verbal process with you this week! I need to do that with you more often!

2 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment