
The girls opened these jammies from my Mom and Dad for Christmas. I was so excited. Then she had Derek open a gift and it was the little brother camo onsie! Lets just say I had to collect myself after that one! It was so special to me. I can't wait for them to all wake up on a Saturday morning to Daddy's pancakes sporting those pj's! Perfect!

I can't stand that I don't have pictures of our son in our house {well, obviously, we don't even know who he is yet} so I printed this map and placed it in a frame. I love that I have something to look at and it acts as a great reminder to pray for him and all the orphans.

We {especially the girls} needed a visual of what this wait looks like. We came up with, I mean, stole this idea for a countdown {thanks Karen}. We decided to fill a jar for each of us and with 61 jelly beans for the number we were in line. We started at family number 61 and now we are 57. On the day we received our updated # we each enjoyed a jellybean for each spot moved. So, if you are over visiting, please DO NOT eat the jellybeans on the mantle- you are surely welcomed to anything else we have!!! :)
In addition to these fun ways to keep little guy close to our hearts, we have begun the nursery makeover. It will be transformed from "Fruit shake Pink" to something a bit more manly! Derek is very excited to get rid of one pink room in the house. I'm okay with it too {we still have 1 pink and 1 purple room in our home!}. He has a closet full of clothes in various sizes {thanks Grandma Neat Neat} and a stack of toys and books as well. It's fun to prepare for his arrival, although still a ways off. Our prayer is that we continue to enjoy these days of preparation and wait. When he arrives, life will be different. 3 kids. Busy house. Less one on one time. I'm so reminded in God's Word...
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:33-34
I don't know about you, but this can be a challenge for myself! Each day I will keep trying and, with God's help, I can be successful!
By the way, we have also given "little guy" a name...
To be continued....


Addis Ababa Time
Sorry I posted my message on the wrong post.
ReplyDeleteSometimes we wish we could all see the big picture God is painting in all of our lives, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 1 Corin 13:12. Blessings and peace as you cast all your cares on HIM! Know I am praying for you and your lil guy......Sheila Froehlich