I always wonder if I should post about certain situations going on in our lives and then I remember the reason that I blog at all...
J e s u s.
I want to be honest and never paint a picture that our life is rosy all the time. We do have a wonderful life full of joy and that is because of Jesus Christ. We have obstacles, hardships, fights, and ugly moments, of course.
I have a tender spot in my life. I think most women do. I'm sure it changes over time and with life experiences but, we most likely all have one. A tender spot is something that is an emotion trigger. Something that can bring a tear to your eye on any given day. Your hard thing.
Today was my due date for this last pregnancy. We miscarried this past May. I write this because I am remembering that life. Because someone else may need to read this for their own circumstance. Because God is so good to us. I have had a good day, no tears yet. Some reflection on the year and past few years. Looking ahead to things to come. It does make me grieve a little today. I should be looking down at a huge 9 month belly waiting for D-day. But I am not. I look back over this year and it has been a year of MAJOR ups and downs. Extreme lows and extreme highs. I am totally amazed how the Lord is most Constant.
Nahum 1:6-8
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trusts in him.
I trusted Him then and I trust Him now with all areas of my life.
I have to share something from yesterday's Bible study that had an impact on me, especially in dealing with the "unknowns" in life.
Amy, our study leader, was sharing an example about getting a puppy for Christmas. Her daughter had been begging for a dog for a few years now and with tears in her eyes said I'm going to give up dreaming for a dog. You see, Amy knew that Christmas was just a few short weeks away and had a surprise ready for her daughter for Christmas morning...a new puppy. On a small scale, that is the way the Lord is with us. We have no idea what is around the next corner but God does. We can't see the surprise that He has for us. The blessing. Even the hard thing and then the blessing. I just loved thinking of Jesus telling me, like Amy and her daughter, don't stop dreaming. Keep your eyes focused on Me and I will guarantee the best for you. I didn't say easy, I said the best.
I am going to keep on dreaming of what the Lord has in store for me and my family. He has been so good to us. I trust Him. I want to honor Him. I want to persevere through all the tough times of life with grace. That is only through Christ.
I am remembering a loss, a baby, but I am looking ahead of God's Glorious riches for me. Not just with earthly wants, like a baby or even my son through adoption, but Eternity.
Thank you for those of you that pray for us diligently. We know you are. We love you. Thank you to my sweet and dear friend, Karen, who brought me a little something with a touching note to brighten my day and to tell me that she is remembering too. I appreciate you.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Addis Ababa Time
I wanted you to know that I have been thinking and praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful the Lord gave us each other to walk this thing called life together...the highs and the lows.
ReplyDeleteLove you friend.
Sometimes we wish we could all see the big picture God is painting in all of our lives, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 1 Corin 13:12. Blessings Sis as you wait on him.... Sheila Froehlich
ReplyDelete