Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st Day!

Today was a day of firsts for our family. Adah headed off to Kindergarten for the first day, Layla has been without her sister for the first time, I have one child at home for the first time and Layla went to the library story time for the first time on her own. It has been a great day.
Adah was definitely ready for school. She was excited. Derek and I did very well as beginner school parents. Last night was the first time I had gotten even a little emotional over it. Funny enough, it was when I was holding her lunch box. Derek and I drew her pictures and made notes for her lunch box and I was waiting on Derek to finish up. I looked down at the opened lunch box filled with her food and I couldn't believe my little girl was going to be doing lunch all by herself! Meals are a huge part of the day around here and for her to be independent enough to eat without me is, well, crazy!
Today went very smoothly. We got up to the school in plenty of time for Adah to spend some time with a few friends. We saw Chloe and Mia on the path as we were walking to school and got a quick hug and then we hung out with Caleb and Luke on the playground for a bit. As soon as Adah saw her teacher she asked me if she could go stand by her and I said sure. Let me tell you, there is no separation anxiety with that girl! Derek and I prayed with her before the bell rang and and off she ran. I could have had another hug and kiss but she was...OFF. Derek and I had a few tears in the corner of our eyes but felt so good about the decision we had made. Thank you Lord for peace.
It seems like the verse that comes up on my blog from Bible gateway is always so fitting for us.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.Proverbs 22:6

This morning Derek and I read a verse to the girls and it was such a sweet moment as we were ready to send our little one off...

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed- not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence- continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life- in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.
Philippians 2:12-18


We'll see how day two goes but here are a few pictures from day #1...



No comments:

Post a Comment