We are almost at 2 months since our birth parent court date and embassy appointment. We certainly didn't think this is where we would be right now. I guess I have unmet expectations. I always say you don't know you have expectations until they are unmet. We are hanging on and clinging to the Lord each day that passes. It's difficult. We are feeling blessed in so many areas of life. We are trusting God for this journey and the outcome that HE has set for us and our little boy.
The other day I came into the kitchen and saw that one of our "beloved" goldfish was dying. Not dead but dying. I still can't believe what I did to try to revive this 10 cent fish. Oh my! After many attempts to save his life, he died. I cried. Yes. Cried. I texted a few friends and asked if it was crazy that I was crying over our dead goldfish. Knowing the hard week I was having emotionally, they responded NO, but you are not crying over the fish. In that moment I realized that I was not keeping the main thing the main thing. I was crying over Jude and the continued wait. What a good reminder. I was able to turn my focus to the Lord and His great plan to grow our faith and grow us to trust Him more and more. Keep the main thing the main thing!!!!!
Jude seems to be doing well. We don't get many updates but some traveling families have been so gracious to send us pictures and have a few things to say about him. He is a happy boy and is LOVED on a ton by his special mother at Hannah's Hope. Praise God. I can't wait to get my arms around this sweet son of mine.
Where are we now?
Waiting.
My favorite thing to say (*sarcasm alert!!!*)
Any day, I MEAN ANY DAY, we will get the call for our travel dates for our first trip. We are in week two of waiting for those dates. Can't wait to get that call!
After we get the court date, we will book our flights and finish packing to travel.
We do have both grandma's coming tomorrow for a two week visit! We are very excited and ready for the company! They are coming for the Adoption Celebration that our friends are throwing for us. Blessed!
We will keep you updated as we receive information. It's been pretty quiet on the adoption home front.
*****We do want to say a HUGE thank you for the donations we received from you to deliver to the orphanage in Ethiopia!!!!! We filled two bins of supplies to take to the kiddos of Hannah's Hope. How generous of you all!!!!!****
Here's the loot!.......
We also celebrated a couple of birthday's and mother's day!
We are super grateful for life and our family.


Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment