Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Left Wanting More.....

Have you ever wanted something so badly you thought you might go crazy? 
You thought about it way too much? 
You tried to figure out how to get it? 
Maybe it's a material possession? 
Maybe it's a vacation?
Maybe it's a relationship?
Have you ever gotten that "thing" and then realized it wasn't enough? 
It didn't satisfy? 
You want more???
This has been me lately.  God has so graciously and tenderly shown that this is me!  We are getting so close in the finish of the adoption of our little guy but there are still many hurtles we have to jump.  Each day I pray that the next step would be complete.  When it's not, I am left disappointed;  discouraged.  When last week ended and I was left with an unmet expectation I was having a very hard time.  Why didn't we hear anything?  Ugh!  As the weekend went on I was faced with the fact that even if that next step had arrived I would have been happy about it for just a moment until I started thinking about the next phase.  What?!  God answered one prayer and before I can say "Thank You, God" I'm saying "Next Please"! 
Needless to say, I needed a MAJOR heart adjustment.  I have been praying over the last week to have God work in me to be thankful for His timing.  To stay in the moment of where He has me.  To not live for the next moment.  It's a very hard concept.  We've been waiting for a long, long time for these moments to happen.

At Bible study last week there was a very fitting verse that impacted me greatly.

Habakkuk 3:17-18
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

I have asked the Lord over and over to help me rejoice and be joyful in Him even if the steps are slow and not what I expected.

Here's the latest adoption update:
We have passed through some major waters over the last couple of weeks.  On April 1, 2014, Jude was "officially" recognized as a member of our family!!!!  This was a very monumental day but one of the most emotional to date.  This day was the Birth Parent (BP) Court Date. 
April 2, 2014, was the BP Embassy interview.  It is very rare to have these two steps within 24 hours of each other.  God was working.  Praise His Name.
Since April 2, we have been waiting to hear that our I-604 investigation is complete and we have heard nothing.  So, yesterday I emailed the Embassy in Addis and woke up to two very amazing emails this morning.  Through a series of events, they did not know that the documents they were waiting on were place in our file and sat idol for a bit longer than they should have.  So, my email prompted a look and they then realized it was ready to go!  A natural reaction would have been frustration that we lost time but Derek and I really trust that THIS is God's perfect timing.  So, we celebrated!!!
The most amazing part (that I dialed friend after friend to share) was the email response I received back.  It was someone filling in for another worker for the week.  She ended her note by saying  that she noticed where we live and then she told us that she is from 30 minutes from here!!!!!!  ONLY JESUS.  How do we get an email from Addis Ababa in Ethiopia from an Embassy worker that is from 30 minutes from where we live her in the States??? 
Needless to say, I have not stopped smiling all morning!!!!
What's next you ask????
We wait.  :)
We are waiting for a very important letter that we need to be able to be given a court date so we can travel for our first trip......MEET OUR SON!!!!

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.  I have received a much needed heart adjustment and am really desiring to focus on each moment that God gives. 

Hopefully next update will have travel dates!!!!!! YAY!!!   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment