Psalm 39:7
And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My HOPE is in you.

For the last several years I have chosen a word that would mark the new year for me. This is not an original idea. Many people seem to do this. That's okay, I still really enjoy the concept. I'm not much for new year's resolutions. I would make them just so I could break them a week into the year. Not successful! Anyway, this yearly word has inspired me to live more wholeheartedly for the Lord and give Him specific areas of my life. Here are the last few years:
2013- Trust
2012- Surrender
2011- Obedience
2010- Chosen
Now, none of these go away in my life, I just add another to them.
Each of these is a constant labor in my heart. A battle to act.
This year is no exception.
Hope.
Such a powerful word.
Romans 8:24-25
For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all.
Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for
what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.


And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My HOPE is in you.

For the last several years I have chosen a word that would mark the new year for me. This is not an original idea. Many people seem to do this. That's okay, I still really enjoy the concept. I'm not much for new year's resolutions. I would make them just so I could break them a week into the year. Not successful! Anyway, this yearly word has inspired me to live more wholeheartedly for the Lord and give Him specific areas of my life. Here are the last few years:
2013- Trust
2012- Surrender
2011- Obedience
2010- Chosen
Now, none of these go away in my life, I just add another to them.
Each of these is a constant labor in my heart. A battle to act.
This year is no exception.
Hope.
Such a powerful word.
Romans 8:24-25
For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all.
Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for
what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
We just celebrated our fourth Christmas without Little Guy here with us.
The last three of the four Christmases we designed and made an ornament
in memory of our boy. Here is the 2013 Christmas ornament.


Addis Ababa Time
I love your ornament. That is beautiful. My word last year was trust too. I love that the Lord gave you hope. How appropriate. This year God gave me Faith. Kenny will often say to me without faith it is impossible to please God. I want this to resinate w/ me more this year. Praying for your family as you hope in HIM alone! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to post on the listserv when you get your referral!!
ReplyDelete