Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Memories

May is always a great month for me!  It's my birthday month and it's Mother's Day! I had a ball celebrating with my family and friends!  It's been a busy, full, fun month!
Here's life lately.....


One of the many great pleasures of being a stay at home mom is field trips with my kids. 
I was able to go with Layla to the School Forest for the entire day.  It was so good to be with her and spend time together.



Derek and the girls took me away for my birthday.  We stayed in a hotel and ate at some fun places.  One restaurant was a Hibachi Steakhouse.  It was the first time our girls had been to one and they loved it!  It was good entertainment and good food!

One special note:
I received some special gifts from my friends for my birthday.  I was spoiled.  Karen took me to lunch and gave me a pair of beautiful earrings.  Kristy took me to lunch and gifted me a mug with a fitting bible verse on the side.  Sue and Megan treated me to a fancy dinner out and gave me the most unexpected present.  I opened this beautiful box with a note that read Ethiopian Travel Gear.
Tears weld up in my eyes as I pulled out each item.  I felt overwhelmed. 
God has been so strategic in sending adoption boosts at just the right times.  This was one of those times.  I cannot wait to use my travel kit, especially my cordless hair straightener!  Good friends don't let you have frizzy hair while you travel! :)
(Thanks Karen, Kristy, Megan and Sue!  I love you guys!)


Momma's Day!
No cooking and no cleaning!!!!
Out for lunch to El Tequilas and then Derek grilled the most delicious dinner at home. 
Oh, and I got in a long nap!  What a great day!



Our family participated in the Kolor for Kids 5K run/walk.  We wanted to show support to some dear friends of ours and their sweet daughter, Lauren (Layla's BFF).
We had a ball.  I wasn't expecting to run the entire 3.1 miles (because we were running with our girls) so I hadn't done a whole lot of training.  I should have known.  Layla ran the entire 3.1 miles with me chasing behind her trying to catch up.  It was the most unbelievable thing.  I laughed the whole way in amazement of my little 6 year old. 
As you can see, we started out very clean with our white shirts.  Throughout the race there were stations of people throwing color powder at us.  At the end of the race everyone received a color packet and we all threw them up at the same time.  What a colorful mess!
It was so fun and we were glad we did it!

 


First camping trip of 2013!!!
We headed up north for some camping with our pals.  10 of us!
It was such a great time.  We ate, biked (only one wreck!), played on the beach, walked, fished, ate some more, talked and slept (a little)! :)
The two boys slept in a tent but the other 8 of us bunked in the camper.  Cozy!
We are so blessed to have the camper.  What a joy!
Thanks for the adventure V Crew!



 

Our family stayed one additional night. 
On our way home we stopped for a bite to eat at
Polecat and Lace. 


....and today was the Variety Show at the kid's school.  It's a tradition for our kids and the V Crew kids to sing a number together.  The 6 of them sang Toby Mac, Me Without You! 
They rocked it!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment