Saturday, December 1, 2012

Right where He wants us

Each day seems to be getting harder and harder as we wait, but the reality is that God has us right where He wants us.  Totally reliant on Him.  In human terms, this wait has been ridiculous.  In Heavenly terms, this wait has been God's divine purpose to bring Him Glory.  We pray with all of our hearts that is what has taken place.  Glory to God and God only. 
At Bible study the other week, on our video, Beth Moore said "God is never late.  He misses a few chances to be early, but He is never late.  His timing is perfect!"  She said this with a smile, because we all know that God doesn't miss anything.  He is ALWAYS right on time. 
Through times like these, when God seems to be trying to teach me something, I search my heart over and over to learn what it is I need to learn.  I can't say I have it narrowed to just one, or two, or even three things.  It has been too many to count. 
The latest challenge has been the news of Ethiopia court procedure changes.  I will not go into all the details of what this means as a whole, but what it means for families like us, is that we will be waiting longer to receive travel dates after we have the referral.  *Heavy heart*.
Derek and I and our family have come too far to loose heart now.  Please pray with us that we stay grounded in the Lord and the Word of God as each day seems more and more unsure.
Seeing his little face would be the best Christmas gift I could ever receive (in human terms).

This is the prayer of our hearts...

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

It took 4 months to move one place.  We enjoyed one jelly bean together as a family last night.  We are ready to eat the other 4 and see our sons little face.

We are now #.......

No comments:

Post a Comment