
Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Right now it is way passed my bedtime and I'm exhausted but too excited to sleep.
I love Christmas eve. The anticipation of the morning excitement is so fun to me! Derek and I just finished the Christmas morning prep and he went off to bed. I thought it was time {even if it is too late} for a little blog time.
I've heard so many times from the people around me {I say it too} that we need to have a balance of being honest and painting a picture that your life is perfect. I'm in the mood for a little Christmas Eve honesty.
As I sit here at my computer, I turn my head around and see 38 pairs of shoes laying in my entryway. Yes, I said 38 pairs and that could be underestimated! You see, we have 9 guests visiting for Christmas. Derek's sister, her 6 children and his parents are spending Christmas here with us. Our house is stuffed to the max!
Along with the 38 pairs of shoes in the entry, I have 12 people sleeping right now, 4cars parked in the driveway {one being a 15 passenger van}, 4 blown up air mattresses in three different rooms, mounds of dirty laundry, 25 cinnamon rolls rising in the kitchen, 14 piles of Christmas gifts under the tree {the extra is for Little Guy, of course} and the remnants of pumpkin pie on my kitchen window {don't ask!}. I am tired. Physically exhausted. I still wonder how my sister in law gets it all done in a day. However, I am totally amazed at how the Lord is meeting this family's needs right now. He not only is giving Derek and I an ability to just enjoy these precious moments {at least most of them}, He is comforting us in times of sadness and trials. God is truly awesome. Honestly, we have had many arguments, we have shed some tears, said things we wished we could suck back in our mouths, we have been selfish with each other, and we have rolled our eyes from time to time. We are not perfect. We are sinners in need of a Savior. We are so grateful today, more than ever, of this Great and Mighty God we serve. There have been challenges but we are so thankful for this special time our family has had. I am forever in awe of our Lord's faithfulness. He is our strength when we are weak.
For those of you that have shared that you are praying for our family, thank you and don't stop. The need is great.
I really do need to get off to bed and not add to the exhaustion that I feel. Tomorrow is a big day. Enjoy the pictures....
Cookie decorating with our cousins. For those of you that know me, know that this was a stretch to let them dig in and make a mess. You know, it wAs worth watching them having a blast! Again, I'm grateful for new growth in my life!
Thursday was Adah's last day of school before Christmas break and I had the privilege of volunteering in her classroom. What fun to see her interacting in her class. This is just one of the many reasons I am thankful to be at home with my kids.
And here is Christmas Eve. All dressed up and ready for church. What a rich time focusing on Christ. We are so thankful for our church family. We are blessed.
Did I mention that Adah has a cast on her foot? Well, one week ago she was taken to the doctor after jumping off the stairs {she says 6} and could not walk on her foot any longer. They couldn't tell for certain she had a fracture in her heel but it was a strong possibility. So, in order to slow her down, they put a cast [purple} on her foot for 2 weeks. Let's just say that she has not slowed down; she just learned how to run and jump in a casted foot!!!

From our family to yours...MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

and....just in case you need a visual....
I wasn't joking!!!!






Addis Ababa Time
No comments:
Post a Comment